Manually sync with version control repository

While the integrated version control in Rasa X is great step forward in our workflow, I would like to suggest adding a manual button in the Rasa X dashboard to sync with the connected repository. From what I understood from the Rasa X logs, the repository is automatically synced in the background periodically. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot be sure that the data in the dashboard is up to date, and everytime I push a local change to the VCS, I end up refreshing several times before I can see the data in the dashboard with the latest changes. Training a relatively large dataset takes a very long time, so training with old data can be a massive waste of time.

Having a simple button to force syncing (as can be seen in the mockup below), along with a modal/snackbar confirming that the syncing was successful, or that the data was already up to date, would be a massive improvement along with the automatic background syncing.

Hi @danielgauci, could you please submit a feature request for this on our github repo? GitHub - RasaHQ/rasa: 💬 Open source machine learning framework to automate text- and voice-based conversations: NLU, dialogue management, connect to Slack, Facebook, and more - Create chatbots and voice assistants

Agreed, would be a good feature request. In the meantime if you want to be sure, you can also use the API to force sync: Rasa X Documentation

Thanks for the suggestion, just created the feature request created here.

2 Likes