Loading domain from 'dom ain.yml' failed. Using empty domain. Error

Hello, I am getting errors related to domain. I am trying to send email through rasa. But am facing these kinds of errors. Please help UserWarning: Loading domain from ‘dom ain.yml’ failed. Using empty domain. Error: 'The slots for form ‘email_form’ were specified as ‘<class ‘NoneType’>’. They need to be specif ied as dictionary.

The error is here. Please show us how you defined the slots for email_form.

here is the code for my domain file version: “2.0”

intents:

• greet
  • goodbye
  • os
  • ras_server
  • vpn_server
  • ping
  • send_email

entities:

• email
  • subject
slots: email: type: text subject: type: text message: type: text

responses: utter_greet:

• text: “Hey! How can I help you?”

utter_goodbye:

• text: “Bye”

utter_os_def:

• text: “Operating system acts as an interpreter between computer application and hardware. It works as a user interface.”

utter_ras_server:

• text: “RAS means Remote Access Server. It allows operating the tool or information that typically resides on a network or IT devices through a combination of hardware and software”

utter_vpn_server:

• text: “VPN means Virtual Private Network. It is a private communications network often used by companies or organizations to communicate confidentially over a public network. This is used by the mobile users in the network.”

utter_ping:

• text: “Between two or more devices, to check the physical IP connectivity Ping command is used.”

utter_ask_email:

• text: “Please provide email whom you want to send email”

utter_ask_subjects:

• text: “Please provide subject for your email”

utter_ask_message:

• text: “Please provide message for your email”

actions:

• action_submit forms: email_form: required_slots: email: -type: from_entity entity: email subject: -type: from_entity entity: subject message: -type: from_entity entity: message

session_config: session_expiration_time: 60 carry_over_slots_to_new_session: true

That’s weird, everything looks fine to me…

What versions of Rasa and Rasa SDK are you using? Show me the output of rasa --version.

NB: To properly format code and command outputs in the Forum, don’t directly copy-paste into the reply. Use three backticks (```) above and below the code

```
Like so
```

ok ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ Rasa Version : 2.8.0 Minimum Compatible Version: 2.8.0 Rasa SDK Version : 2.8.0 Rasa X Version : None Python Version : 3.8.0 Operating System : Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

@Samr-123 Share your action.py and you said you sending an email from rasa, right?

@Samr-123 why you using from_entity any specific reason? I guess you want to send the message. This will work fine with you. slots will be fetch. Further, please share the send_email Intent from nlu.yml

forms:
   required_slots:
       email_from:
            email:
             - type: from_text
            subject:
             - type: from_text

Update and try and tell us.

@Samr-123 Its ok, but if you are beginner. I would encourage please try run the small code, and first, read and understand all the concept of rasa whilst reading there Documentation.

Please visit this course its a free : https://www.udemy.com/course/rasa-for-beginners/

Please subscribe the rasa channel on youtube, there are some good tutorials.

@Samr-123 If you replace my suggested code, it will work fine for you.

@Samr-123 Please follow this video and perform the steps. I know you already see it and working from this video. But this time please see code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGH91BxXVis

I wish you able to solve this issue, if you have further doubt please mention us or please close this thread as a solution for other. Good Luck!

thankyou soo much i just forgot to remove the account info. yeah i just enrolled in that course. Hopefully it will help. Thankyou

1 Like

@Samr-123 Congrts :slight_smile: Please close this thread with the solution for others, Good Luck!

2 Likes

@Samr-123 Can I request to close this thread with solution for others please.