Is it possible to define the Responses in an own file

Hi,

the documentation states

The default format is to include the responses in your domain file

So is there a way to define the responses in an external file? I wasn’t able to find something in the docs.

Background: We have a multilingual bot with 2 languages at the moment and having just a file with plain responses (no slots, no actions, no…) would be handy for the translator

Currently, you need to define your responses in the domain file itself. You cannot put them in a separate file. We are working on improving the training data format, see New Training Data Format Ideas. Feel free to add your idea over there.

Hi! is this still the case? Can I have a responses.yml inside my nlu folder? Its currently giving me the following message:

Action ‘utter_x’ is listed as a response action in the domain file, but there is no matching response defined. Please check your domain.

This is weird because my “utter_x” is not on the domain.yml, but rather in a separate responses.yml file…

any idea?

@ml2021 I guess, you need to create the folder responses in nlu and then paste the file responses.yml in it

projectfolder/data/nlu/responses/responses.yml

Check this repo GitHub - RasaHQ/rasa-demo: Sara - the Rasa Demo Bot: An example of a contextual AI assistant built wit for your reference what is the file structure of the project.

I hope this work for you, good luck!

@nik202 that is what I tried to do, but gave me the error pasted above (previous comment). I have also removed all responses from the domain.yml to /data/nlu/responses/responses.yml, and keep having the same message:

Action ‘utter_x’ is listed as a response action in the domain file, but there is no matching response defined. Please check your domain. More info at Responses

For reference, utter_x is an utterance given for a retrieval intent.

Any ideas?

@ml2021 can you run the code in --debug mode and share the error screenshot?