Intent not defined in domain

I am facing intent not defined in domain error when I am running rasa shell

rasa==1.6.1
rasa-sdk==1.6.1
rasa-x==0.24.1

When I do rasa interactive it does works well and all the intents are recognised properly. But when I run rasa shell I got following error:

Bot loaded. Type a message and press enter (use '/stop' to exit): 
Your input ->  hi                                                                                                                                                      
/var/www/python/nlp/bot-demo/Rasa_basic_folder/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py:366: UserWarning: Interpreter parsed an intent 'hi' that is not defined in the domain.
  f"Interpreter parsed an intent '{intent}' "
Your input ->  hi there                                                                                                                                                
/var/www/python/nlp/bot-demo/Rasa_basic_folder/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py:366: UserWarning: Interpreter parsed an intent 'hi there' that is not defined in the domain.
  f"Interpreter parsed an intent '{intent}' "
Your input ->                                        

I have checked the domain and nlu files its all mentioned there.

# nlu.md
## intent:greet
- hey
- hello
- hi
- hi there
- hi pal!
- greetings
- hello robot
- good morning
- good evening
- good afternoon
- hello is anybody there
- hey there
- hola
- you there
- yo

and

# domain.yml

intents:
- affirm
- restaurant_search
- send_email
- greet
- goodbye
- stop
- information

entities:
- cuisine
- email

Can anyone help me where I am going wrong?

Hi @ankur-pandey7,

Do you get any warnings when validating the training data, by using this command?

rasa data validate
1 Like

@Arjaan Yes I tried doing that I have a warning,

UserWarning: The example 'Italian' was found in multiple intents: information, restaurant_search.

are you saying this could be a reason that its not able to identify the greet intent?

@ankur-pandey7,

That should be ok. I was trying to see if perhaps something was wrong with the domain.yml.

Do you get any messages during training about the greet intent?

Also, if you run it with the --debug option, do you see any additional messages that could provide a clue?

$ rasa shell --debug