How to use event rasa.core.events.FollowupAction?

Hi,

Can anyone give me an example of how to use FollowUpAction in actions.py? I want to follow different stories if a specific slot has a specific value, and it was advised in this post to use FollowUpAction. How?

return [FollowupAction(action_name)]

thanks @ChrisRahme but I dont understand when I should use this? if I want a different story path when slot_1 is true, how and where do I return [FollowupAction(action_name)]?

You return it at the end of your action, and it will execute action_name, regardless of your stories.

FollowupAction forces a given action to be executed.

@ChrisRahme I understand that thanks, but how do I then build the different stories based on the forced Action? do I need to manually include all of them in stories? Do you maybe have an example of usage of FollowupAction? thx

It really depends on your use-case… If you feel it needs a story, then add one :slight_smile:

If you want to execute an action after the followup action, you can either use another FollowupAction, or use a story.

Best way to know is to try it yourself - and I suggest you use Interactive Learning