How to run rasa in Dcoker?

Hello,

I got a piece of Rasa codes from someone and tried to train the model in docker in windows. But I got an error message like this

docker: Error response from daemon: create $(pwd): “$(pwd)” includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only “[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]” are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path. See ‘docker run --help’.

The codes were saved in C:\demo

The command used: C:\demo\docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa:1.9.7-full train --domain domain.yml --data data --out models

Do you have any insights? Thank you in advanced.

Windows systems use {pwd} (Note the curly braces), not (pwd). Try replacing the term in your docker command.

C:\demo>docker run -v ${pwd}:/app rasa/rasa:1.9.7-full train --domain domain.yml --data data --out models docker: Error response from daemon: create ${pwd}: “${pwd}” includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only “[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]” are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path. See ‘docker run --help’.

It is still not working:frowning_face:

Now it is working:

docker run -v pwd:/app rasa/rasa:1.9.7-full init --no-prompt

One more question, dose anyone know how to mount a specific folder to docker? For example, right now I saved someone’s rasa codes in c:\demo, how to run these codes in docker? Thanks.

I used the command below and it is working.

C:>docker run -v //c/demo/:/app rasa/rasa:latest train