How to import LUIS data to Rasa NLU

Hello, I am trying to use Rasa NLU instead of LUIS for my chatbot. After my downloading LUIS app data (Json file), I have tried to upload that file to Rasa based on the Documentation (rasa-nlu-trainer) but it didn’t work.

It looks like the JSON format of LUIS do not much Rasa, What should I do in this case?

Thank you.

Hey @montacerdk. rasa-nlu-trainer is a UI for inspecting training data, adding new examples, which was developed by one of our contributors. I think it is true that the json format produced by LUIS is slightly different from what rasa-nlu-trainer expects, but you should still be able to train the model without any issues using raw LUIS data export. So for example, if you have LUIS data export called luis.json and configuration file for Rasa NLU model called nlu_config.yml, you can simply run:

python -m rasa_nlu.train -c nlu_config.yml --data data/luis.json -o models --fixed_model_name nlu --project current --verbose

This will train a rasa nlu model with luis data. After you do it, you can find a rasa-nlu-trainer compatible training data file in your nlu model folder (the path to it will be something like /models/current/nlu/training_data.json). You can then replace you original luis export with this file, open it using rasa-nlu-trainer if you want, add more examples, etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exception: Invalid luis data schema version 3.1.0, should be 2.x.x. Make sure to use the latest luis version (e.g. by downloading your data again). I am getting this error when i tried to train my luis data Please help

@chatbotz3 Hey, I see this is related to this issue here https://github.com/RasaHQ/rasa_nlu/issues/1228. I’ll check if we made any updates on this and will get back to you :slight_smile:

if i changed version in luis json file to 2.9.0 training has been done successfully.But i am only getting null and greet intents
python -m rasa_nlu.server --path projects
I run my server by using above command