How to get the OutputChannel used by a custom action?

Hello all,

I have a custom action that have access to a rasa.core.agent.Agent object. This agent is used like this:

async def run(self, dispatcher: CollectingDispatcher, tracker: Tracker,
            domain: Dict[Text, Any]) -> List[Dict[Text, Any]]:

user_message = tracker.latest_message['text']
        responses = await bot.handle_text(text_message=user_message, sender_id=tracker.sender_id)

The responses are then manually handled because the handle_text method uses its default CollectingOutputChannel. The thing is I don’t want to handle these responses manually, I want to pass a specific output_channel to handle_text method. This OutputChannel should be the same as the one that would be used if I did a simple dispatcher.utter_message() inside the run(…) method of my custom action. How can I get the OutputChannel of my custom action for passing it to the handle_text method?

The perfect scenario for me would be to use something like the following run() template:

async def run(
        self,
        output_channel: "OutputChannel",
        nlg: "NaturalLanguageGenerator",
        tracker: "DialogueStateTracker",
        domain: "Domain",
    ) -> List[Event]:

Because then I could solve my issue like this:

async def run(
        self,
        output_channel: "OutputChannel",
        nlg: "NaturalLanguageGenerator",
        tracker: "DialogueStateTracker",
        domain: "Domain",
    ) -> List[Event]:

user_message = tracker.latest_message['text']
        responses = await bot.handle_text(text_message=user_message, 
                                          output_channel=output_channel,
                                          sender_id=tracker.sender_id)
       return

However, I can’t use that run() template including the output_channel parameter because of the same issue reported here: Are 2.0 docs obsolete for customising 'action_session_start'?

Does anyone know how could I solve this?

Btw, I’m using the rasa-webchat widget from botfront, which connects with my rasa backend on :5005/webhook.