How to Disable the "Conversation Repair" Feature in Rasa Pro?

Hi everyone,

I’m currently using Rasa Pro and have noticed that the “Conversation Repair” feature is sometimes unnecessary for certain use cases. I’ve referred to the documentation at Rasa Pro - Conversation Repair but I’m still unclear on how to completely disable this feature.

Has anyone here successfully turned off the “Conversation Repair” feature? Where and how should I configure the settings to disable this functionality?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @dauvannam1804 - can you give some examples of the behaviours you want to turn off?

You can customize each of the patterns by providing a flow with the same name as the pattern: Conversation Repair

If you want to disable repair patterns for specific flows, you can use the context object to refer to the active flow. Conversation Repair

If you want to ‘do nothing’ in response to a specific pattern, you can add a flow with an action_listen :

flows:
  pattern_completed:
    description: Completion of a user's flow
    steps:
      - action: action_listen

Thank you for your response. I would like to remove all the default repair patterns. Could you please guide me on how to do this?

there is currently no single change that achieves this. You will have to create a pattern for each of the default ones to override the behaviour. But just to understand, what’s your use case that you want to turn these all off? (if there is a clear use case, it might make sense to create a global flag to achieve this)

Thank you for the explanation. In our case, we want to turn off all the default patterns in certain specific contexts to avoid conflicts with our custom patterns. I believe this would help prevent conflicts. Having a global flag to disable all default patterns would minimize configuration efforts and make the development process easier.