How to disable the chatbot once the conversation is complete for a day?

How to disable the chatbot once the conversation is complete for a day?

i didn’t really get your question. Can you try to elaborate on it @amina_anvar

1 Like

Thank you so so so much for replying. I have implemented a chatbot for reporting, so when a user get in to the bot, it will ask few questions, say, do you have fever,cough,cold, etc and so on. after getting the answer from user. I want my chatbot to disable, ie, the user can only report his condition one time during a day, He can further report tomorrow. Coz these values are stored. @RBenjaminfranklin

1 Like

That’s interesting @amina_anvar. Rasa doesn’t have a direct solution for this. But you can try to call an api(in the custom action) like ‘kong’(there are other APIs too) which can basically solve your problem by limiting the number of times the users that can have a conversation with the bot per day.

You can read up more on kong API here: https://konghq.com/blog/protecting-rate-limiting-api-kong/

Hope this helps answer your question.

2 Likes

Thank you for Clarifying. l will check to it. I have an another issue, Can I set a question, which should only be asked one time, say I tend to ask the phone number from user, the very first time when they enter into my bot. But I don’t want to ask them the same question after that? Like when they try to report again tomarrow, I dont want my bot to ask number again? I am using this in telegram, where I am not able to get phone number but I am able to fetch telegram id. Is there any way where we can get phone number from telegram.??(if so, please let me know:) Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions. Thank you so so so much for reaching out. @RBenjaminfranklin

Hey again @amina_anvar. You can use a registration/login before entering the chat window. You can connect this to custom actions to connect to your database(which has all his details) where you can verify the user.

Or you can do something like this. Using the telegram id check the user’s credentials in the database (which also has the mobile number). If found just continue, otherwise collect the phone number from the user. Please mark the above one or this one as answer if you think this clarified your doubt. Tip : Just to let you know it is a standard practise to ask a new question by creating a new topic.

1 Like