Forms : Slot filling in particular order

How do i fill slots in a strict order and not randomly using form actions

1 Like

Well, the bot asks for slots in the order specified in the required_slots method. However, the validation order of slots is random (iteration over dict). What’s the problem you’re trying to solve?

You could also change the required slots so that they build sequentially, so that the second slot is not required until the first is filled, etc etc

Can you please give more details on how to do this sequential slot filling? I have two dates that have to be filled and my form constantly fills the start date, although it has already been filled.

1 Like

That sounds like a different issue – you probably need a validation method that says if it’s already filled, to keep the old value rather than replace it with the new (i assume they are both filled from the date entitiy)

mine was to do with the order in which the questions for slot filling are to be asked

Hello, trying to revive the topic, i tried to use the requested_slot in the rules for the forms to maintain the order of questions for slot filling in the form, it doesn’t seem to work.

1 Like

@souvikg10 can you provide your form definition?

HI Ella, I actually found the issue, the order is set in the domain.yml but for some reason using Rasa X, my domain is sorted in alphabetical order which was leading to an issue.

1 Like

infact now i am actually struggling wtih the decision trees in form, so that some slots remain optional if the previous question asked is X