Feature request: specify folder separately for train and test data when using rasa data split nlu

Hi Rasa team,

I am using the rasa data split nlu command to split my training and test data. Afterwards I obviously want to train my model on just the training data (using rasa train and not rasa train nlu specifically). It would be very helpful if you could specify with rasa data split nlu in which separate folders you want to place the training_data.yml and the test_data.yml.

In my particular use case, I want to add the training_data.yml to the data folder which also contains rules and stories and the test_data.yml to a particular testing folder we have which also contains unit tests etc. I don’t want to do this manually which is why I am writing a script for this, but I think other Rasa users might have the same request so I think it would be a cool “feature” to have!

Let me know if anything is unclear! :slight_smile:

And thanks for your great work!

2 Likes

Hi @MarleenB, thank you for your suggestion! It’d be great if you could turn this post into a feature request issue over here. Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you, I will do that! :slight_smile:

1 Like