Do I need to specify all the entities in ignore_entities if I only want to use one entity for prediction?

Hey everyone!

I am now trying to create an intent and specify only one entity that can influence the further conversation.

In documentation here Domain I found the following syntax:

intents:
- greet:
    use_entities:
      - name
      - first_name
    ignore_entities:

What if I want to ignore all entities apart from one? If I do something like this, it doesn’t automatically ignore all the entities, does it?

intents:
- greet:
    use_entities:
      - name

Does that mean that I need to specify all the entities I have (>30) in exclude_entities and then add only one entity to use_entities?

@llotus_eater It is specified for “To ignore all entities for certain intents”,1 Intent(greet) and can have as many entities( name, first_name, last_name, location, age etc). You can select which entities you want or which entities to hide.

You can have other entities for your different intents such as Product (Intent) and can have different entities such as (product name, cost, qty etc)

I hope it help?

@nik202 thanks for your reply. I still don’t understand how to make it work.

In “To ignore all entities for certain intents” they suggest to write

use_entities: []

If I want to ignore all entities apart from one, can I use use_entities twice, like here?

intents:
- greet:
    use_entities: []
    use_entities:
      - name

@llotus_eater I guess this should work or what you doing do the experiment it is also part of learning :slight_smile:

intents:

• greet: use_entities: - name
  • product: use_entitiies:
    • product_name
    • product_id

If you have 10 entities and you want to use only 1 or 2, I guess just mention those entities. It should work fine. Have a try. I didn’t face this scenario before.

@llotus_eater Did you got your solution? Just checking?