Default flow reponse irrespective of intent

How and where do I incorporate if I want some sequence of events to take place irrespective of response from the user. For example:

Bot: We have released a new thing, do you want to try?
User: Yes / Maybe / I dont know . <-- Can be done by using 3 intent say affirm or maybe
Bot: Lets get started

User: No . <-- Can be done by using intent say deny
Bot: Okay see you later

User: I am feeling sad, can you help with that now? 
Bot: Lets get started

So in 3 scenarios, I can create story for 1 and 2 by handling affirm and deny intent but what about third scenario? Maybe I have an intent unhappy which can map to the response of user “I am feeling sad, can you help with that now?” but what I want is irrespective of intent, the flow of response to go to “Lets get started”

Can someone please help? Thanks

I guess, the simplest one would be a custom action that first utters a template regardless of the intent and then performs the actual action depending on the intent.

That does not make sense. In the example above the sentence regardless of intent is Lets get started. and the other statement which is dependent on intent is Okay see you later. I cannot utter the template regardless of intent which is Lets get started and then further say Okay see you later

Yes, you are right. For special cases like “deny”, you can always have a condition to not say “Let’s get started”. But for all the intents that you do want it to respond with “Let’s get started”, you can simply do that without worrying about what the specific intent was.

How do you think I can do that?

In your custom action code, you can do the following:

special_intents = ['deny']
if tracker.latest_message['intent'].get('name') is not in special_intents:
  dispatcher.utter_template('utter_lets_get_started')
  # go through with the actual response
else:
  # handle special cases here