Custom Connector without using APIs

Hi Everyone, I am trying to write a connector to connect my rasa bot. I got the input messages and now want to pass it to my bot. I am using this piece of code.

out = CollectingOutputChannel()
UserMessage(text, out)
responses = [m["text"] for m in out.messages]
print(responses) 

where text is the input message. Now the issue is I am not getting any responses its giving []. Can someone help me with it.

Hi @adarshpansari , welcome to the Rasa Forum! Can you provide more context to your code snippet - what does your custom connector class & methods look like? If you post it between lines of triple backticks, you can format it as code for easy readability (I’ve edited your post to be like that too)

```

your code here

```

Hi @mloubser, So I havn’t thought much as to implement classes or function the snippet is all that I am currently using. I went through the custom_connector that is provided. It seems to be using APIs but I dont want to make API calls. I am able to get the message now I just want to pass it to my rasa bot.

What channel are the messages supposed to appear on without using an API? How do messages come in?

I get the messages from my website which is connected to my lambda function so in the event I get the user messages, these are actually the user queries the users input in the FAQ section so now the bot has got the responses for those queries. I just want to pass those messages to the bot.

Sorry I didn’t notice your message till now - What kind of lambda function is this? How does the platform work? Did you already find a solution to your problem?