Cotributing to Rasa Chat Widget

Hello everyone,

I am using the Rasa Chat Widget (https://www.npmjs.com/package/@rasahq/rasa-chat) as written in this tutorial (Your Own Website). I would like to customize the placeholder message, that is displayed in the input field. This is currently not possible but would be a very simple thing to implement. Where can I contribute to the Chat Widget? What are the plans for further development?

Thank you in advance,

Sören

1 Like

I think Rasa team haven’t any repository for rasa-chat

But I agree you with. I think will be a good idea to create some git repository for community made contributions and forks :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @m-vdb,

thank you so much for your work on the Rasa Chat Widget. Is the code published somewhere? It is under Apache-2.0 License so it should be somewhere to use, modify and distribute. I would like to contribute and help to further develope the widget.

You are listed as the contributor on npm. Do you have more information on this?

Thank you in advance,

Sören

@tmbo Can you help in this case? You are also listed as contributor.

@gausie You are also one of the contributors in the project. Can you give me more information. I want to fix the issue on smaller screens.

Hi @sonam could you please help that the rasa-chat widget is being open-sourced? We would love to do some modifications on it. The widget has only very basic features and to this point, we can only do some hacky css to change appearance/behavior.

Hi, I will try to convey the message. thank you

@cat_bot_24 can you please share the repo of rasa-chat widget which you want to be open-source. Thanks. I’m curious.

As far as I know, there is no openly accessible repo, which is basically the problem. I meant this Widget: Your Own Website

1 Like

yes, you are right. I will try to update this to the rasa team. But I’m aware Rasa Team is working best to update this current widget with more features. @alexweidauer for your reference, please. Thanks.

hi everyone,

what is the current status. I also noticed that the fonts.googleapis import might be subject to GDPR privacy violations (at least in Germany following a reasent court ruling). Please provide more information otherwise the rasa chat widget becomes unuseable.

1 Like