Conversation log data set annotation

Version: dev-CC

Hi all and @Tobias_Wochinger

I have a database full of conversations (chats between human-human), and I am wondering how can I load and annotate them using Rasa/Rasa X. At the moment, I built a bot with minimum data (using 100 conversations manually annotated and load in Rasa). Now I am interested to add more data in batch format and annotate them to improve my bot.

Does anyone have any related experience to help me out? Thanks,

AV

Is the database a Rasa Open Source tracker store? You can use this guide Connect Rasa Open Source to Rasa Enterprise to migrate Rasa Open Source tracker stores to Rasa X.

Now I am interested to add more data in batch format

What do you mean by batch format?

Hi @Tobias_Wochinger

Thanks for the fast reply. No my data came from real conversations collected from human-human interactions, they are not in ā€œRasa Trackerā€ format.

I have built a MV bot with minimum data, I would like to load bunch of data/conversations in Rasa X at once (and start annotating them) instead of interacting one by one (bot- user, bot-user).

AV

Ok, then the first step would be to convert each conversation to a list of Rasa Open Source events (Events)

@Tobias_Wochinger: Thanks for the help. So I will need to convert conversations into ā€œUser sent messageā€ and ā€œBot responded messageā€ events, right? For earlier one, I will need to run MV bot over user inputs to get intent classification output, right? For ā€œBot responded messageā€ event, I just need to have response texts?

After creating those events what will be the next steps?

AV

Thanks for the help. So I will need to convert conversations into ā€œUser sent messageā€ and ā€œBot responded messageā€ events, right?

Yes. In addition you might want to have SlotSet events in case you want to store certain information as context for future messages.

For ā€œBot responded messageā€ event, I just need to have response texts?

Somewhat yes. Actions are kind of symbols for certain response texts, but could also be some custom code you run (also see Domain)

Have you read the docs on Stories ?

Thanks @Tobias_Wochinger,

Yes, I did and we built a MV bot.

Now I am more concerned about steps after creating ā€œUser sent messageā€ and ā€œBot responded messageā€ events. How can we move to create stories somehow automatically from conversation logs.

AV

I donā€™t see any other solution than writing a tool which converts it and then probably do some manual work to polish the automatically created stories.

2 Likes