Confidence threshold for entity extraction with CRFEntityExtractor

Is there a way to set a confidence threshold for entity extraction with CRFEntityExtractor? Couldn’t find anything regarding this in the documentation.

I’m looking for something where I can set a common threshold in the config for all entities or maybe specific to each one and any extractions with confidences below that would be ignored.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Polaris000, this is not possible out of box, though I’d encourage you to make a feature request over here. Depending on what you want to do, you could achieve something similar in a different way, possibly with a custom action or component. Are you trying to fill a slot with the entity? Or something else?

Thanks for the reply @fkoerner . I’ll raise a feature request.

I’m not looking to do anything in particular. Its just that I’ve noticed that a few entities are incorrectly extracted and they have a pretty low confidence. Setting a threshold would be a very easy way to avoid extracting these.

Building a custom extractor would be the way to go but it’ll take a while to implement and its unlikely to be as good as CRF for a while.

1 Like

Gotcha! Thanks for raising the feature request, I can definitely see where you’re coming from.