ChatCompletion error when trying to use CALM with Azure OpenAi endpoint

Hello everyone, i tried initializing my first CALM bot today. I followed the guide. I set the correct environment variables for using the Azure endpoint but when i run rasa shell and try to interact with the bot i get the following error:

[error ] llm_command_generator.llm.error error=InvalidRequestError(message=“Must provide an ‘engine’ or ‘deployment_id’ parameter to create a <class ‘openai.api_resources.chat_completion.ChatCompletion’>”, param=‘engine’, code=None, http_status=None, request_id=None)

and this info right after it: [info ] llm_command_generator.predict_commands.finished commands=[ErrorCommand(error_type=‘rasa_internal_error_default’, info={})]

thanks in advance

Hello @apo Here is how the config should look like for the LLMCommandGenerator part while using an azure OpenAI endpoint.

- name: LLMCommandGenerator
    llm:
      engine: gpt-4-**
      deployment_id:  gpt-4-**
      request_timeout: 7
      max_tokens: 256
    embeddings:
      type: openai
      model: text-embedding-***

If this doesn’t work please share with us your config so we can have a closer look.

Hi @Amina thanks for the fast answer. Using that config changed the error i get. Now i get the error that the deployment doesnt exist

- name: LLMCommandGenerator
  llm:
    engine: gpt-4-0613
    deployment_id: rasa
    request_timeout: 7
    max_tokens: 256
    embeddings:
      type: openai
      model: text-embedding-ada-002

(this is my current config)

thats my current config, my deployment is called “rasa” for engine i put gpt-4 and the modell i chose in Azure, for the model at embeddings i used one i found in forums, because there wasnt anything hinting to what that could be in my Azure Studio.

This is the error i get now

[error ] llm_command_generator.llm.error error=InvalidRequestError(message=‘The API deployment for this resource does not exist. If you created the deployment within the last 5 minutes, please wait a moment and try again.’, param=None, code=‘DeploymentNotFound’, http_status=404, request_id=None)

Hey @apo

Seems it is a deployment either the deployment is not correctly configured or not available. In your .env you need the :arrow_down:

• OPENAI_API_KEY

• OPENAI_API_TYPE will be “azure”

• OPENAI_API_BASE

Maybe this thread can help you as well. Let me know how it goes.