Can I make a menu/button based chatbot using Rasa?

Hello All,

I need to make a menu/button based chatbot using Rasa . Is it possible?

Hello All,

Kindly help?

It is possible to use buttons in Rasa. Take a look at Domains. You need to define the buttons in the templates, depending on the channel you want to use the buttons are rendered or just outputted as text.

1 Like

Have added buttons in the domain.yml

templates: utter_greet:

• text: Hey! What is it that you want to do today ? buttons:
    • title: New Joiner payload: \options

I have an intent ## intent:options

but when i launched Rasa X to click on the buttons , it opens up a new window instead of taking it as an input .

#stories.md

Greet+bot_functions

• greet
    • utter_greet
  • options
    • utter_bot_functions

Thanks for pointing that out! We are aware of the problem in Rasa X. We already have an issue for that in our internal repository and we are going to work on a fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying . Happy coding :grin:

This way that button will only visible where the channel is supported. I want to integrate with WhatsApp chatbot where I’ll show a couple of options with numbers like

1. option 1
  2. option 2
  3. option 3 then the user will only type numbers like 1/2/3.

How can we handle this this scenario in rasa nlu, stories and domain file?

2 Likes

I am trying the same but can’t find the solution.

hey did you find any solution?

Please follow this thread to implement the numbered menu. If it answers your query, please mark it as answered!

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face: This answer is probably a bit late but I’ve made a small example bot that I hope will help you solve this challenge :raised_hands: Let me know if it was useful to you. Link to the repository

@Derguene Hii… I want a solution for buttons …where the buttons menu has to still remain even after clicking and later when user goes back and clicks some other options it has to work… can you help me with this??