Bots in production

Sorry for the late reply. My bot is live for ore than a month now and is being used by a lot more than 100 users. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I opted for ubuntu server with 15GB RAM(though i read that 2GB was sufficient) and memory of 250GB (again taking more than required).

2. Nopes, I believe the scaling is built-in in RASA. Even my front-end is on FLASK and i am able to handle multiple users along with different sessions for each user without any explicit scaling.

2 Likes

hi all, I am also having problem connecting telegram to rasa-core. My server is ok connecting with Slack but just not working with telegram. I followed the setting under the Chat and Voice platforms here (Chat & Voice platforms) nothing seems to work for telegram. Any advice is deeply appreciated.

I’m stuck in mantigames . Anyone can help me? Please.

For an answer to 3, I would say the following : Dialogflow requires a minimal amount of training data, but you need to do everything in their UI and it’s not very flexible in terms of how do you manage your bot. It has the advantage that it requires minimal understanding of AI and very little work, but if you need to justify how good your bot actually is, you’re going to just rely on Google’s brand and not much else. Rasa, on the other hand, gives you more power, and with more power comes more responsibility, i.e. the learning curve is steeper but you end up with a much better bot, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I am trying to integrate Rasa chatbot to rest webapp . I am new to RASA. i have built a bot to trigger the rest call that will take some time to complete the response back .How can i handle such cases where response might take some time . There will be more than 20 users initially for the application . So how can i respond back to the user who initiated that rest call to a web application. Rasa bot can talk to nearly 5 different web applications and how can i present the response back

Our bot have recently been deployed to production!

We use the docker containers and I find it to be the easiest way to deploy the Rasa stack.

We currently have 20 custom actions integrating to various systems using Oracle DB, MSSQL, LDAP, REST, AMQP (RabbitMQ) …

We use Git for version control and Jenkins with shell scripts to bring down the containers run the train scripts and spin up the bot when new code is pushed.

Our biggest challenge is to gather intents from the users. Users will type in any nonsense :stuck_out_tongue: . Every morning we pull the logs and check what users entered the previous day and where the bot were unable to help them, based on that we write intents to cater for those requests (even if the bot cant help them we at least point them to someone who can).

If the bot don’t understand the intention after two tries it will notify a human to assist the user.

So far it has been a fun journey and we are getting good feedback.

Some features …

• Log a request in our ITSM tool (Remedy)
  • Query your open and closed requests
  • Get incident details
  • Submit suggestions
  • Request temporary admin access to your device
  • FAQ for the general questions (setup email, configure printer, setup vpn …)
  • Search for contact details in the company address book
  • View your organization structure
  • View your company profile
  • Find the owner of a device based on asset tag
  • Put you in contact with a human if the bot can’t help …
3 Likes

Hey @dadecoza. Sounds awesome and congrats on deploying your assistant in production! Is it possible to try it out somewhere? :slight_smile: Also, can you tell a little bit more about the domain of your bot?

Hi @Juste,

I work in IT service management for a Telco in South Africa.

The bots main function will be to automate common calls logged to our IT Help Desk. Things like unlocking accounts, giving guest access to the wifi, helping with browser settings etc.

Unfortunately it is internal to our company network but will upload a video of the bot in action when I get a chance.

Here is a quick video …

5 Likes

hey @dadecoza nice work.can you share this code if you are not able to share can you please share how to make this chatbot ui? Otherwise can you tell how to do this?share link ya any blog ya any suggstion .Thanks in advance.

Hi @Nishet , We use Skype for Business and that is the interface in the video. I have written a Python Skype for Business Client that integrates to the Rasa bot. GitHub - dadecoza/python-ucwa-bot: Skype for Business Response Bot

2 Likes

@dadecoza Ohk got it. Thanks for reply.and i have one more question.do you know how to make ui like skypy ? i mean i want to make ui like that without Skype integration.

Hi @dadecoza, i would like to get in to with you please.

@Juste We have deployed Enzo and it’s now working on one of the biggest Car Dealers platforms in Canada as a sales assistance Used Cars Canda

we were using AWS LEX and now we have shifted to RASA based bot. we faced a lot of chalanges and have a wish list so it will be nice if we have contact to share our impressions on RASA and also to know your road map

3 Likes

hey @hossa i check your bot and it was awesome, you do great work. Can you Share your github repo ya tutorial for that because it’s help to someone.i waiting your favorable reply.Thanks

Hey @dadecoza! Your setup looks great! Do you use dockerhub as part of that? I’ve seen that it’s not free for companies. Do you know if dockerhub is needed or there’s acutually a free cost alternative?

hi @aherrera,

We do not use dockerhub, well not to host our images. We store our code and Dockerfile in GitLab and build the images as required from there. ie.

git clone some-project
cd some-project
docker build . -t some-project

Hope that helps.

Yes it helps, thank you! I need to make a similar setup but I’ve never used Docker or Jenkins. Is there any link you could point me to that would help replicating this setup? I would need to know the number of virtual machines/servers needed, the number of images/containers in each environment and the deployment process from dev to prod.

can you share please share your data or stories ?

Hi, I am using rest channel to connect to rasa server from my website. In order to support concurrent user request, I need to change the sender id? How rasa can support concurrent request without docker

2 Likes