Bot typing animation Microsoft Teams

Hi all!

Is it possible to add typing animation for teams with Rasa tools? Thanks

I believe this is something that would be configured in the front end or the connector, as it’s acually in between the responses that this would have to happen. Do you know if there is a way to send that info in the MS teams API?

Thanks for your answer!) I wrote custom bot framework connector for it. When user send messages, firstly my connector send message with "type": "typing" and then send bot message, so problem is solved :slight_smile:

Awesome work!

1 Like

Could you please share your custom bot connector for typing animation? Thanks in advance.

I would be very grateful if you could share that connector. Thanks.

Create a custom botframework connector and create a method for sending bot typing message (maybe call it send_typing) under class BotFramework(OutputChannel). You can refer other methods that already exist and pass message_data = {“type”: “typing”,} as payload.

Under class BotFrameworkInput(InputChannel), call it after you receive a message from the botframework.

@nchauras Couldn’t set up the your details to a working snippet. Could you please share your custom_botframework_connector.py. That would really help!

@KabaninArtem Can you please share your connector.py?

I have added the custom bot framework connector at botframework.py

Cheers!

Ah that works! Thanks mate, @nchauras. For follow up fellas, here’s the credentials.yml:

rest:
    ##
custom_channel.botframework.BotFrameworkInput:
    app_id: "357220ef-8f1c-4d53-bfa7-6310ef5028d1"
    app_password: "AW9uE4vL~2_bcM9G-J~7sVw2blNldE5.--"

rasa:
  url: "http://localhost:5005/api"

Here, BotFrameworkInput is the class in botframework.py, that resides in the folder, custom_channel in Rasa directory. Refer to for Custom Connectors more details.