AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'index'

Hi all,

i try to reproduce the example at local, but i’m blocked with this error message :slight_smile:

Exception in thread Thread-2:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\python36\lib\threading.py”, line 916, in _bootstrap_inner self.run() File “C:\python36\lib\threading.py”, line 864, in run self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\channels\channel.py”, line 291, in on_message_wrapper on_new_message(message) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\agent.py”, line 316, in handle_message return processor.handle_message(message) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\processor.py”, line 86, in handle_message self._predict_and_execute_next_action(message, tracker) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\processor.py”, line 305, in _predict_and_execute_next_action action, policy, confidence = self.predict_next_action(tracker) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\processor.py”, line 168, in predict_next_action probabilities, policy = self._get_next_action_probabilities(tracker) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\processor.py”, line 478, in _get_next_action_probabilities tracker, self.domain) File “C:\python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_core\policies\ensemble.py”, line 288, in probabilities_using_best_policy if (result.index(max_confidence) == AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘index’

@darkmanAmazigh The problem here is that u did not train your dialogue model correctly. Check this Train.py default: error: the following arguments are required: -c/--config. IN THE END I provided a solution on how to train your dialogue model manually. If you do this, instead of using the:

python -m rasa_core.train -d domain.yml -s stories.md -o models/dialogue 

you should be able to run rasta server with or w/o NLU

it’s missing -c config.yml

Yes it does. You could train manually your dialogues or write yourself the configuration file according to the post and then use

python -m rasa_core.train -d domain.yml -s stories.md -o models/dialogue -c conf_file.yml

After that you should be able to run rasa server,

Cheers

Yes, that’s work, thak you