Hi all - I hope that I am posting this correctly. Feel free to suggest any constructive suggestions if needed. g
Parlance is a Software as a Service company leveraging intelligent speech technologies to improve the caller experience for leading organizations nationwide. Parlance delivers speech recognition as a managed service. That means we blend intelligent speech technologies, including Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding to transform old fashioned phone systems into easy-to-navigate speech-driven tools. We modernize and improve the first 30 seconds of every caller’s journey and remove barriers to service. Health systems specifically subscribe to Parlance to improve patient experience and reduce frustration. No more long hold times, no confusing menus, no numbers to press.
We are seeking a developer with AI/Natural Language Understanding expertise and experience building production-level NLU-driven applications, to join and influence the next level of evolution in our voice-driven solutions. Become a key member of our team that’s dedicated to advancing our solutions to simplify and improve caller engagement through automation.
The successful candidate will have experience in designing and building semantically driven applications, and will have experience working with two or more natural language application design frameworks. Preferred candidates will have experience delivering contact center solutions, and have worked in the voice domain, using both finite-state grammars and statistical language models, and have a strong sense of the relative strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to NLU-based solutions.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or related field
- Experience building complex, multi-turn, semantically driven, intent-based applications for production use
- Experience with two or more of the following: Google DialogFlow, IBM Watson Assistant, Amazon Connect and/or other NLU platforms
- Excellent and demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with customers
- Curiosity, a drive to understand, and a passion to excel and create satisfied customers
- Being a self-starter who is also able to work in a team
- At least three years of programming experience, with fluency in Python
- Legal authorization to work permanently in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Experience building and delivering contact center solutions
- Experience working in the voice domain in addition to the text domain
- Automated Speech Recognition background
- Work independently or as part of a small team on projects
- Communicate daily with colleagues and management
- Work remotely using collaboration software and video conferencing
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Come work at a company where your voice matters and you can make a real impact beyond your specific job role. You will gain a view of the whole company fostered by open management and a flat organizational structure. Parlance is a team of smart people who care about each other and our customers. We support a healthy work/life balance and are enormously productive by respecting work hours and letting people live their lives and have their downtime.
The compensation and benefits packages at Parlance are designed to put people first
- Comprehensive health care for you and your family
- 15-20 paid vacation days each year depending on tenure
- 10 paid holidays each year
- 10 paid sick days each year that can be used when you or a family member is sick. We don’t think you should have to use vacation time for these unexpected circumstances.
- A supportive parental leave policy
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Budgeted learning/development and paid conference days
- Stock awards for meritorious performance
If you are ready to be challenged, send us your resume and a cover letter that helps us understand what makes you right for this job.
Job application portal: AI - NLU Developer - Parlance - Career Page
I am more than happy to respond to replies and DMs regarding this role