Synonym in nlu.md are not working properly

Hi,

I am trying to implement synonyms functionality but it is not working as expected.

Here is my nlu.md file data:

## intent:defect_flow
    - i have an issue with [low](slot_name) priority
    - i want to report a [high](slot_name) priority issue
    - bug

## synonym:low
    - less priority
    - uncritical
    - less important

## synonym:high
    - critical
    - major
    - very important

##synonym format data is not working for me I given user input as “i have an issue with critical priority” but is not able to fill the slot with “High”.

Please suggest something

Add a training example with “critical” and the slot should be filled with “High”

See : Add examples with synonyms

Hi @huberrom

I don’t want to increase the training data with same kind of utterance. I want to use synonyms in order to reduce the number of training data.

Currently i am using nlu.md for synonyms and training data. Not in JSON format.

## intent:defect_flow

“i have an issue with critical priority” if i write like this it should automatically take critical as the synonym of high. I don’t want to give training data with similar sentence with changed synonym

Can you suggest something related to that.

Thanks

I don’t think synonyms are here to reduce the number of training data, but only to extract the same slot value for different entity values.

So it will not be useful in this case. You can create a custom component that’ll do the change for you

1 Like

@huberrom Yes, i agree synonyms are only here to extract the same slot value for different entity values. eg: I have one training phrase and 2 synonyms my model should end up with 3 training phrases but its not working with nlu.md file. Below is my training data in the intent.

intent:defect_flow

synonym:low

- uncritical
- less important

so my model should contain 3 training phrases after the training is completed like below

i have an issue with low priority i have an issue with uncritical priority i have an issue with less important priority

I agree with you, but check the response in this post : Add examples with synonyms

I wanted the same thing as you, but it looks like it’s not possible yet.