I’m writing an appointment bot. This bot connects to a backend to book appointments the user requested. Now there are multiple cases that might happen:
- Everything is fine the appointment is succesfully booked
- The requested time is not within the opening times
- The requested time slot is already occupied etc…
Based on that I want to lead the conversation into different directions, I see two ways to do this.
- Let the backend return a slot filling event that fills an book_status slot and train rasa core to take this into account
- Let the server return a force followup action event
A disadvantage of the second method is that my conversation logic would be divided between my backend and rasa core. Also I have no Idea how rasa would handle being thrown out of it’s normal flow like this.
Does anyone else has some pros and cons for these methods?