Use of Out of Vocabulary - OOV

How do I use the OOV token in my rasa bot? I read about it in the documentation but did not get a clear idea about how to use it. Where in my file(action,domain,nlu) do I insert the oov_word or oov_token?? I need a stepwise solution to this to not make it more tiresome that it already is :smile:

Example : I have to get any reason for an employee leave application. Kindly guide me.

Also, since I have used supervised_embeddings as the pipeline, do I change the pipeline or do I need to add “CountVectorsFeaturizer” to the existing pipeline?

Thanks in Advance!!

Can you look into this??? @btotharye @Mappi @JiteshGaikwad @stephens

hey @varunsapre10, you can check this congif.yml of sara demo bot:

Let mek know if this helps you :slight_smile:

Thank, @JiteshGaikwad, you would then use the oov token in your NLU training data. For example, our rasa-demo bot uses an oov value in an enter_data intent:

## intent:enter_data
- my budget is oov
- oov
- oov per year

Thanks @stephens @JiteshGaikwad, I think this will do it. :+1:

Also,can you explain what “token_pattern: (?u)\b\w+\b” means??? in the sara demo bot config file

Secondly, can we use “oov” with intent? for example:

intent:reason

• [sick]((reason)
  • [emergency]((reason)
  • [oov]((reason)

Will this work??

@stephens @JiteshGaikwad @btotharye @JulianGerhard It works if I remove my default fallback response. So either the fallback will work or the oov will work. It accepts the flow but when i try to print the value of slot ‘reason’, it shows ‘None’. Is it because i have used ‘oov’ with an entity/slot??

If i enter anything from this intent, the reason is printed fine. But if i enter anything except this, it should print whatever is entered as a reason. but it does not. Please help.