UnicodeDecodeError

vova
(Lim Xuan Hui) #1

**Hi all, I am building a Chinese chatbot and have been trying to train my own model (without any pretrained embeddings) using the command ‘rasa train’, after completing my domain, stories, nlu files. However, I kept running into this error and would like to know if anyone knows how to solve this? the error statement said character maps to undefined…

UnicodeDecodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t decode byte 0x81 in position 288: character maps to

Unable to run rasa x
(Ella Rohm-Ensing) #2

Hey there @limxuanhui. What type of terminal do you use? What we want is that the python i/o encoding is utf-8, not charmap. Can you please try:

Option 1: In your terminal before using rasa, try:

export PYTHONIOENCODING='utf8'

Option 2: put it as part of the command, like

PYTHONIOENCODING='utf8' rasa train

if neither of these work, can you post the full error traceback?

(Lim Xuan Hui) #3

Thanks for replying. I am using command prompt in windows. Below is the full error traceback, and I have tried both the suggested options, but I am not sure how to handle the errors regarding

• ‘export not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.’ and
  • ‘pythonioencoding not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.’ For the error with export, I tried ‘set’ as well to set the environment variable PYTHONIOENCODING to utf-8 but it doesnt work as well…

Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\runpy.py”, line 193, in run_module_as_main “main”, mod_spec) File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\runpy.py”, line 85, in run_code exec(code, run_globals) File "C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\rasa.exe_main.py", line 9, in File "C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_main.py", line 70, in main cmdline_arguments.func(cmdline_arguments) File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\cli\train.py”, line 84, in train kwargs=extract_additional_arguments(args), File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\train.py”, line 40, in train kwargs=kwargs, File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\asyncio\base_events.py”, line 484, in run_until_complete return future.result() File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\train.py”, line 135, in train_async kwargs=kwargs, File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\train.py”, line 188, in _do_training fixed_model_name=fixed_model_name, File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\train.py”, line 382, in _train_nlu_with_validated_data config, nlu_data_directory, _train_path, fixed_model_name=“nlu” File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\nlu\train.py”, line 89, in train interpreter = trainer.train(training_data, **kwargs) File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa\nlu\model.py”, line 192, in train updates = component.train(working_data, self.config, **context) File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\rasa_contrib\nlu\extractors\bilstm_crf_tf_entity_extractor.py”, line 58, in train config = model.get_default_config() File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\seq2annotation\model.py”, line 105, in get_default_config encoding=None).tolist() File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\npyio.py”, line 1093, in loadtxt first_line = next(fh) File “C:\Users\limxu\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\encodings\cp1252.py”, line 23, in decode return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0] UnicodeDecodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t decode byte 0x81 in position 288: character maps to

(Ella Rohm-Ensing) #4

Hm okay. Is the second answer here (the one with 67 upvotes) with installing win-unicode-console helpful at all? Python, Unicode, and the Windows console - Stack Overflow