Unable to update to rasa-x 0.39.3

Hey, currently I am using rasa-x 0.38.0 and rasa 2.5.0.

I tried to update to rasa-x 0.39.3 and I get the following error when I do docker-compose pull or docker-compose up -d

for nginx manifest for rasa/nginx:0.39.3 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown

I have never faced this issue before, from what I can tell, rasa-x 0.39.3 needs rasa/nginx:0.39.3 but no such image is available in the rasa docker repository? What am I missing?

Also in rasa-x 0.38.0, we are unable to see any NLU data on the UI, not sure what the issue is but this is hampering our work, any hint or clue on how to resolve this issue?

Hi @madanmeena

Rasa isn’t building custom nginx images anymore. Please try with nginx:1.19 instead.

Here is an extract from the current v0.39.3 docker-compose.

nginx:
    restart: always
    image: "nginx:1.19"
    ports:
      - "80:8080"
      - "443:8443"
    volumes:
      - ./certs:/etc/certs
      - ./nginx-config-files/nginx.conf:/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
      - ./nginx-config-files/ssl.conf.template:/etc/nginx/templates/ssl.conf.template
      - ./nginx-config-files/rasax.nginx.template:/etc/nginx/templates/rasax.nginx.template
    environment:
      <<: *nginx-host-variables
    depends_on:
      - rasa-x
      - rasa-production
      - app
1 Like

Ok thanks, I will try that

@virtualroot This is not working for me for some reason facing the following

ERROR: for rasa_nginx_1 Cannot start service nginx: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:370: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:459: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:59: mounting “/etc/rasa/nginx-config-files/nginx.conf” to rootfs at “/var/lib/docker/overlay2/e6612550c1dfdc07c5d607e46f3d33b3b5d746f30c36871bc3020f0e474a7d4b/merged/etc/nginx/nginx.conf” caused: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

ERROR: for nginx Cannot start service nginx: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:370: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:459: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:59: mounting “/etc/rasa/nginx-config-files/nginx.conf” to rootfs at “/var/lib/docker/overlay2/e6612550c1dfdc07c5d607e46f3d33b3b5d746f30c36871bc3020f0e474a7d4b/merged/etc/nginx/nginx.conf” caused: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

I am still stuck with this, the error does not make sense to me, are you sure this is the correct configuration, should I be changing anything else apart from docker-compose file? @virtualroot

I will have to downgrade the rasa-x to some previous stable version, I see no other way out of this.

Ended up creating a separate instance, installing the rasa-x again, was able to run the docker-compose without any issue, this will do for now.