Tracker store purging

Hi,

As per my understanding, the data of InMemoryTracker store keeps growing forever. Is there any way to purge(delete) data from tracker after frequent intervals of time? If yes, please let me know the details and how to purge data from InMemoryTracker.

Also, in case of Redis tracker store, is there any way to purge(delete) data from tracker after frequent intervals of time? If yes, please let me know the details and how to purge data from redis tracker.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You mean actually delete or just not retrieving all events everytime? Rasa currently does not delete any saved events in the tracker store, so you’d have to this yourself (e.g. a script which runs regularly). We are currently implementing a feature which will introduce sessions and will mainly lead to performance improvements because Rasa does not longer handle all events, but only events of the latest session.

I mean actually deleting events of Tracker. When I am using InMemoryTrackerStore or Redis Tracker store, the tracker data keeps growing infinite until the rasa bot server is forcefully terminated. For example, what if I want to delete tracker data from memory at regular intervals, say one hour or one day etc? Can you please provide example of how do I delete the tracker data using custom script? I mean, how do we delete Tracker data from InMemoryTrackerStore using custom script?

Also, can you elaborate on what do you mean by “handling events of latest session only”? Does latest session means conversations after latest restart of rasa bot server?

When working with redis you can try out a mixture of max event history and time to live in redis.

Hello @Tobias_Wochinger. Is there any update on the sessions feature? We are facing the same problem with the tracker store.