Tensorflow issues: AttributeError: module 'tensorflow' has no attribute 'ConfigProto'

Hi!

I did a chatbot with RASA in my laptop and now I’m migrating to cloud. In the machine that I’m doing this, i have the next error:

AttributeError: module ‘tensorflow’ has no attribute 'ConfigProto’

I searched for this problem in this forum but none of the question was useful for resolve this. I must mention that I installed rasa and tensorflow both in the machine and in the virtual environment. My version of Tensorflow and RASA for both are:

Virtual Enviroment

- Tensorflow
tensorflow==2.0.0a0
tensorflow-addons==0.7.1
tensorflow-estimator==1.13.0
tensorflow-hub==0.8.0
tensorflow-probability==0.9.0

-RASA
rasa-core-sdk==0.14.0
rasa-nlu==0.15.1
rasa-sdk==1.10.1
rasa-x==0.29.2
rasabaster==0.7.18

In RASA, also I obtain this, maybe because I copied the files from GIT as said on page:

-e git+https://github.com/RasaHQ/rasa_core.git@48cb1cf263044e323691a7b3f5a71d2da0172b38#egg=rasa

Machine

- Tensorflow
tensorflow==2.1.0
tensorflow-addons==0.7.1
tensorflow-estimator==2.1.0
tensorflow-hub==0.8.0
tensorflow-probability==0.9.0

RASA
rasa==1.10.3
rasa-core-sdk==0.14.0
rasa-nlu==0.15.1
rasa-sdk==1.10.1
rasa-x==0.29.2

I highlighted the differences.

I hope you can help me in this problem. Thanks!!!

Hi Rafael,

in order to help you I need to know a few things.

1. What action did you perform that triggered the error?
  2. Could you confirm what operating system your laptop has and what operating system your VM has? Could you also mention the python version?
  3. To me it’s a bit unclear what version of Rasa you’re using. Your first list of tools does not mention rasa. Your second list does but it is unclear how you generated it. Your description says “In RASA, also I obtain this, maybe because I copied the files from GIT as said on page:”. What page are you referring to here?

Note that you can keep add markup to your questions on this forum as well. By adding three tics (`) you can render code;

like this

All in all it does seem like you’re using a version of Rasa that is slightly old. If you start with a fresh virtualenv (using python 3.6/3.7) and just run;

python -m pip install rasa

Do you run into the same problem?