Story

Why am I getting Unknown data format for file data/stories.md now when I run a training command?

Here is my stories.md file, this error comes when I run it on the example places folder as well. Yet the format looks the same on your rasa.com page.

## A_Story_called
* uGreet
    - bGreet
* uThanks
    - bThanks
* uGoodbye
    - bGoodbye

## A_Story_called
* uGreet
    - bGreet
* uThanks+uGoodbye
    - bThanks+Goodbye

## A_Story_called
* uGreet
    - bGreet
* uGoodbye
    - bGoodbye

python -m rasa_nlu.train -c config.yml --data data -o models --fixed_model_name nlu --project current --verbose /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/h5py/init.py:36: FutureWarning: Conversion of the second argument of issubdtype from float to np.floating is deprecated. In future, it will be treated as np.float64 == np.dtype(float).type. from ._conv import register_converters as _register_converters 2018-12-02 09:51:20 INFO rasa_nlu.training_data.loading - Training data format of data/nlu_data.md is md 2018-12-02 09:51:20 INFO rasa_nlu.training_data.training_data - Training data stats: - intent examples: 78 (7 distinct intents) - Found intents: ‘uGoodbye’, ‘uThanks’, ‘uAddress’, ‘uOpeningHours’, ‘uSearchForPlace’, ‘uGreet’, ‘uRating’ - entity examples: 14 (1 distinct entities) - found entities: ‘query’

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main “main”, mod_spec) File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 85, in_run_code exec(code, run_globals) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa_nlu/train.py”, line 184, in num_threads=cmdline_args.num_threads) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa_nlu/train.py”, line 153, in do_train training_data = load_data(data, cfg.language) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa_nlu/training_data/loading.py”, line 55, in load_data data_sets = [_load(f, language) for f in files] File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa_nlu/training_data/loading.py”, line 55, in data_sets = [_load(f, language) for f in files] File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa_nlu/training_data/loading.py”, line 109, in _load raise ValueError(“Unknown data format for file {}”.format(filename)) ValueError: Unknown data format for file data/stories.md

your story format is wrong, you need to follow the story format,you can read the below link:

:slight_smile:

I realise the format is wrong, that’s what the message tells me.

The example on the Rasa page you supplied also fails with the same message, and as far as I can tell looks exactly the same format as my own,

The examples is the demos also fail with the same message, so perhaps the message is referring to something else?

Okay, so the answer is that I had mixed my stories.md file in with the data.nlu files by mistake. So the format wasn’t actually wrong for stories.md, but because stories.md was being parsed for nlu files.