Running rasa on docker not working

I was not able to run rasa on docker. When I executed below command

docker run -v myrasa:/app rasa/rasa init

I am getting the following errors.

Welcome to Rasa! πŸ€–

To get started quickly, an initial project will be created.
If you need some help, check out the documentation at https://rasa.com/docs/rasa.
Now let's start! πŸ‘‡πŸ½

Warning: Output is not to a terminal (fd=1).
Warning: Input is not to a terminal (fd=0).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/build/bin/rasa", line 8, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/__main__.py", line 76, in main
cmdline_arguments.func(cmdline_arguments)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/cli/scaffold.py", line 184, in run
.skip_if(args.no_prompt, default=".")
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/questionary/question.py", line 45, in ask
return self.unsafe_ask(patch_stdout)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/questionary/question.py", line 59, in unsafe_ask
return self.application.run()
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 736, in run
return run()
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 710, in run
return f.result()
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/future.py", line 151, in result
raise self._exception
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/coroutine.py", line 92, in step_next
new_f = coroutine.throw(exc)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 685, in _run_async2
result = yield f
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/coroutine.py", line 88, in step_next
new_f = coroutine.send(None)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 625, in _run_async
with self.input.attach(read_from_input):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/contextlib.py", line 81, in __enter__
return next(self.gen)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/input/vt100.py", line 150, in _attached_input
loop.add_reader(fd, callback)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/posix.py", line 273, in add_reader
self.selector.register(fd)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/select.py", line 78, in register
sel.register(fd)
  File "/build/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/eventloop/select.py", line 133, in register
self._sel.register(fd, selectors.EVENT_READ, None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/selectors.py", line 412, in register
self._epoll.register(key.fd, epoll_events)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

Can anyone help me in fixing this? Thanks you in advance.

Use docker run -v myrasa:/app rasa/rasa init --no-prompt instead of docker run -v myrasa:/app rasa/rasa init and it should work!

I tried this even. But model is not getting trained. Its getting stopped after the following output.

Warning: Output is not to a terminal (fd=1).
Warning: Input is not to a terminal (fd=0).
Processed Story Blocks: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 5/5 [00:00<00:00, 2628.67it/s, # trackers=1]

Then try out this command: docker run -it -v myrasa:/app rasa/rasa init --no-prompt

I get a similar error when trying to run it in docker on Mac Os. Without Docker everything works fine.

$ docker run -it -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa init --no-prompt Welcome to Rasa! :robot:

To get started quickly, an initial project will be created. If you need some help, check out the documentation at Introduction to Rasa Open Source.

Created project directory at β€˜/app’. Finished creating project structure. Training an initial model… 2020-02-13 11:43:54 INFO rasa.model - Data (core-config) for Core model section changed. Training Core model… Processed Story Blocks: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 5/5 [00:00<00:00, 1596.49it/s, # trackers=1] Processed Story Blocks: 0%| | 0/5 [00:00<?, ?it/s, # trackers=5]

Then it exits.

Thanks in advance!

And similar when trying to train.

$ docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa train

$ INFO rasa.model - Data (core-config) for Core model section changed. Processed Story Blocks: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 5/5 [00:00<00:00, 1226.91it/s, # trackers=1] Processed Story Blocks: 0%| | 0/5 [00:00<?, ?it/s, # trackers=5]%

Then it exits again.

And when I try to run it doesn’t exit the terminal command but http://localhost:5005 is not reachable.

$ docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa run $ INFO root - Starting Rasa server on http://localhost:5005

Thank you!

Do you have the latest version of the rasa? Pull the latest Docker Rasa image with docker pull rasa/rasa:latest. And if you want to run the Rasa Server with Docker you need map a port from the Docker container to a port from your local PC. So just use docker run -v $(pwd):/app -p 5005:5005 rasa/rasa run instead of docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa run.

Thank you that worked. Now I can connect and get the β€œHello from Rasa: 1.7.0” message.

Hi, did you solve the training part?

I posted the same problem here: