RasaX stops training new models despite being synced with git repository

Hello ppl,

I have RasaX deployed in a k8s cluster, overall the deploy is fine and I can update and train new models with no issues, but I found some strange behaviour regarding repository sync and model training.

Issue: RasaX stops training new models despite being synced with git repository.

Let me desribe my environment first:

• RasaX running on a k8s cluster (used the Helm template)
  • RasaX Version 0.40.1
  • Rasa 2.6.2-full

How to replicate the issue:

1. Have a working, trained and active model
  2. Make a “mistake” in the domain.yml in the git repository (a few spaces in an utter to break indentation will do the trick)
  3. Add something to domain.yml (like a new answer for an utter)
  4. Refresh RasaX. It will say it’s synced with git repository
  5. Try to train the “new” model. It says “nothing changed”
  6. Check domain.yml in RasaX, it’s not up to date with the repository (maybe because the domain.yml in the repository is wrong and RasaX knows?).
  7. In git repository, “fix” the mistake.
  8. Refresh RasaX to check if it’s synced with git repository again 9 . Try to train the new “fixed” model. It will say “nothing changed”
  9. Check domain.yml in RasaX, it’s still not up to date with the repository (this is the strange part)
  10. No new model trained
  11. Oh nooo

The "Fix"

The “fix” I found for this was to delete the current model to force RasaX do train a new and updated one.

My questions:

• Was this supposed to happen?
  • The current model is working and it’s current domain.yml is fine, since RasaX didn’t train a new model with the wrong domain.yml. If that’s the case, why when the mistake is fixed in the repository RasaX won’t train a new one?

Hope you guys can replicate the problem and tell me if this is an expected behaviour or not.

Best regards.

Hi @thecion! Sorry for the late reply! This pretty much sounds like something that is not expected, so thanks a lot for pointing it out! Did you already create a GH issue for it or would be up to create one? :sparkles:

Hello @kalkbrennerei , thanks for the reply.

I’m going to try the procedure on the latest Rasa (2.8.0) with the latest RasaX (0.41.2) first, if I can replicate the problem then I’ll create the issue on GH.

1 Like