Rasa X - RabbitMQ Connection Closed Error

Hi, I am using the docker-compose setup and i receive this error

ERROR:pika.adapters.utils.connection_workflow:AMQPConnector - reporting failure: AMQPConnectorAMQPHandshakeError: ConnectionClosedByBroker: (403) 'ACCESS_REFUSED - Login was refused using authentication mechanism PLAIN. For details see the broker logfile.'
INFO:rasax.community.services.event_service:Start consuming pika host 'rabbit'.
ERROR:pika.adapters.blocking_connection:Unexpected connection close detected: ConnectionClosedByBroker: (320) "CONNECTION_FORCED - broker forced connection closure with reason 'shutdown'"
ERROR:rasax.community.services.event_service:Caught an exception while consuming events. Will retry in 5s
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasax/community/services/event_service.py", line 1000, in continuously_consume
    consumer.consume()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasax/community/services/event_service.py", line 924, in consume
    self.channel.start_consuming()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 1857, in start_consuming
    self._process_data_events(time_limit=None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 2018, in _process_data_events
    self.connection.process_data_events(time_limit=time_limit)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 826, in process_data_events
    self._flush_output(common_terminator)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 523, in _flush_output
    raise self._closed_result.value.error
pika.exceptions.ConnectionClosedByBroker: (320, "CONNECTION_FORCED - broker forced connection closure with reason 'shutdown'")

Not sure why to be honest. RabbitMQ docker instance is running, rasa-production and rasa-worker containers are also running fine but rasa-x container.

1 Like

For more info

ERROR:pika.adapters.utils.connection_workflow:AMQPConnector - reporting failure: 
AMQPConnectorAMQPHandshakeError: ConnectionClosedByBroker: (403) 
'ACCESS_REFUSED - Login was refused using authentication mechanism PLAIN. For details see the broker logfile.'

Hi @souvikg10, do you experience this throughout your logs, stopping the rasa-x service from running? Or does it just show up but not affect how it runs?

Hi, I think i had two errors simalteneously so i blamed Rabbit MQ for the issue but i don’t think my service rasax stops working. This issue shows up in the logs but rasa X still works. I haven’t tested whether events are written on RabbitMQ or not.

Gotcha. I think what happens here is that rabbit mq tries to connect to the rasa server while the database migrations are still running and the rasa x server isn’t up yet – I’ve seen this too. You can turn on the rasa x debug mode (DEBUG_MODE="true" in rasa x service) to confirm that.

Hi,
Was this issue resolved?
We’re also facing same issue.

Thanks,
Newt Team