Rasa X installation issue with wheels

Below is the Error while installing Rasa X.

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/in_process/_in_process.py build_wheel /var/folders/pv/8w83jm5574q4rgx8106fm4xr0000gn/T/tmpqmzvid89
       cwd: /private/var/folders/pv/8w83jm5574q4rgx8106fm4xr0000gn/T/pip-install-bnwnx_jl/xmlsec_9ee676ea689745f8a4db88b9aef22523
  Complete output (14 lines):
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_py
  package init file 'src/xmlsec/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
  creating build
  creating build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8
  creating build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  copying src/xmlsec/py.typed -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  copying src/xmlsec/tree.pyi -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  copying src/xmlsec/__init__.pyi -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  copying src/xmlsec/constants.pyi -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  copying src/xmlsec/template.pyi -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/xmlsec
  running build_ext
  error: Unable to invoke pkg-config.
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for xmlsec
Failed to build xmlsec
ERROR: Could not build wheels for xmlsec, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

@rkolekar which version you are trying to install and can you share the installation steps link with us?

@nik202 I used pip install rasa-x -i Simple Index I am using Rasa Version:3.0.4.

Reference video - Installing Rasa X Locally on a Mac - YouTube

@rkolekar Firstly, rasa x is yet not compatible with rasa open source 3.x, so I am sorry you can not use rasa x 1.0.1 with rasa 3.x. But, if you looking for an alternative solution, please do let me know. Thanks.

Thanks @nik202 for letting me know. It would help me a lot if you can tell me an alternative solution to use rasa x.

The error message tells you that you are missing one python dependency - xmlsec. Please install them using

Linux:

apt-get update && apt-get install -y pkg-config libxml2-dev libxmlsec1-dev 
libxmlsec1-openssl libpq-de

MacOS

brew install libxml2 libxmlsec1 pkg-config

@HotThoughts can you please confirm for me are running rasa x with rasa 3.x and could you please share the rasa --version. It’s running on a local machine or server?

@rkolekar You can try to install rasa x for 2.x rasa open-source version while seeing this thread: Getting error while running rasa x locally - #4 by nik202 If you have any doubt please let me know.

Note: I am yet not aware of the current version of rasa open-source i.e 3.x is compatible with any version of rasa x. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hey @nik202 , xmlsec is a dependency for python wheel. Python needs it to build the wheel. It is not Rasa-specific.

If he had installed rasa 3.x and trying installing rasa x latest i.e 1.0.x? I’m aware of this xmlsec.

Oh yeah. I see your point now. It doesn’t make sense to install Rasa X 1.x when using Rasa OSS 3.x.

I think the problem is the simple installation method. It shouldn’t install Rasa X 1.x given the fact that it is deprecated in Rasa X 1.x.

@HotThoughts correct :+1::relaxed:

Thanks, @nik202. I followed your shared thread. The issue is resolved now.

@rkolekar great, if you still have some issue related do message me here and stay safe good luck!