Rasa x Error on reading from the event loop self pipe

@koaning

These are the steps I follwed for rasa x installation:

pip3 install --use-feature=2020-resolver rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple
rasa x

Now I’m getting this error:

ERROR    asyncio  - Error on reading from the event loop self pipe
loop: <ProactorEventLoop running=True closed=False debug=False>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 453, in finish_recv
    return ov.getresult()
OSError: [WinError 995] The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\asyncio\proactor_events.py", line 768, in _loop_self_reading
    f.result()  # may raise
  File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 808, in _poll
    value = callback(transferred, key, ov)
  File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 457, in finish_recv
    raise ConnectionResetError(*exc.args)
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 995] The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
2021-05-31 15:39:11 WARNING  rasax.community.services.insights.insight_service  - No local evaluation result files found.
2021-05-31 15:39:18 ERROR    concurrent.futures  - exception calling callback for <Future at 0x210cc8ff6d0 state=finished raised gaierror>
  File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "c:\users\ap086515\anaconda3\envs\renv\lib\socket.py", line 918, in getaddrinfo
    for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

Can you please help with this?

That’s strange. Could you give us the versions?

rasa --version

Rasa Version : 2.6.3 Minimum Compatible Version: 2.6.0 Rasa SDK Version : 2.6.0 Rasa X Version : 0.40.1 Python Version : 3.8.5 Operating System : Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0

@koaning , any idea why I’m getting these errors and how to resolve them?

Looking at the error it seems to be a windows bug. It seems the ipython folks also ran into this issue. The issue doesn’t seem fixed but there is a suggestion that you can fix it by upgrading the prompt-toolkit library:

pip install -U prompt-toolkit

I suppose that might be worth a try. I don’t 100% know if Rasa depends on it though. But it feels like there’s a package somewhere in the chain that should be upgraded.

Thank you! Rasa x started running.

How can show images in rasa x and how can I connect rasa x to my database? Can you help me with this?

It depends a bit with what you mean by “connect Rasa X to my database”. Do you want to connect Rasa X to your database or do you want to have a custom action communicating with your database?

In terms of images, you can add an images as a response by pointing to the URL of the image. It’s documented here.

custom action communicating with my database.

@koaning How to have a custom action communicating with my database?

That really depends on your database. Custom actions allow you to write python code to handle any action you can write in python. This video over here demonstrates the basic usage.

i facing the same issue can you pleas tell me how you fix it