Rasa Webchat Integration

Can you please be more elaborate?

Hey. Im unable to pull emp_no from my PHP application to rasa using customData.

how to use ‘action_restart’ …after i refrash the web the past conversation of the chat still exists…why is that?

Hello @JiteshGaikwad can we use your custom widget GitHub - JiteshGaikwad/Chatbot-Widget: ChatBot widget easy to connect to RASA bot through REST channel rather then webchat? which shows in the video. If so how we can make <script> tag similar like this as you copied from the rasa-webchat GitHub - botfront/rasa-webchat: A feature-rich chat widget for Rasa and Botfront :

<div id="webchat"></div>
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/rasa-webchat/lib/index.min.js"></script>
<script>
  WebChat.default.init({
    selector: "#webchat",
    initPayload: "/welcome",
    customData: {"language": "en"}, // arbitrary custom data. Stay minimal as this will be added to the socket
    socketUrl: "http://localhost:5005",
    socketPath: "/socket.io/",
    title: "xyz",
    subtitle: "bot",
    params: {"storage": "session"} // can be set to "local"  or "session". details in storage section.
  })
</script>

No

Can you please share your github link for better understanding?

@JiteshGaikwad Any suggestion how to deal this? Your idea and suggestion always help. Many thanks in advance.

It works. Thank You!!

Video is not available any more

1 Like

Can you give access to the video about Rasa webchat integration

I follow all the steps but metadata returns None!

You can display a carousel with buttons using facebook generic carousel code actions.py when you are using Mr.Robots chatbot widget js for front-end.

Hello @JiteshGaikwad, do you know how to trigger a particular event when a user pushes a button ?

I will give you a concrete exemple of what I’m trying to achieve : The chatbot utters two buttons (using the payload syntax from rasa) “Log In” and “Register”
When the user pushes one of the two buttons, the “create an account form” or the “log in form” will be opened in the window using javascript.
I know that this can be achieved using a link in the buttons but the issue is that my “log in form” is opened directly in the web browser of the user using javascript dynamically so I cannot use link for that.
The user also logs in to his account using an ajax call so he can directly be informed if his password or username is wrong without even reloading the page)

I don’t know if it’s clear enough but any help would be really appreciated, many thanks :slight_smile:

Can someone please tell me where can I find the conversations users have with my bot through webchat ? I can’t find them on Rasa X.

Thanks a lot.

I created a quick tutorial on webchat integration with Rasa chatbot if you have any questions you can comment there or reply here,
Here’s the link:

3 Likes

Is it working, which version you are using currently?

@JiteshGaikwad I want to implement auto suggestion feature when user types in query in webchat. Can you help me giving idea how can I implement that on UI?

@Horizon733 Helo, this is very helpful to me. I am able to work with this. However I stuck at one place where I am unable to open the Chatbot UI (with the error "Connected and disconnected SocketIO), I haven’t changed anything so far in my index.html, config and cred files.

Cred.yml image

index.html

can you help me where exactly could be a problem ?

Hi, since when you are trying this. Because since yesterday botfront latest version is not working. I just changed the url in e.src="…/rasa-webchat@1.0.0/…" Make sure to replace … With the respective sections in url

2 Likes

wow, that’s grand. Worked for me. Thank you very much for your quick response and help.