Pass along users current location on website as a paramter to Rasa

Well, I’m trying to educate and guide my users on how to use the tools on my site. I have many tutorials which in turn have many steps. During the tutorial users can ask questions to the AI tutor about what they see, where they are supposed to click, how things work, in which order to do things, why they should do that thing, and many other kinds of questions. This chat functionality is powered by Rasa.
This is why I have so many different but similar intents.

In a sense I want the contextual assistants context to also include what the user sees (in the current tutorial).

Right, I still think the best path is to do intent + custom action, ResponseSelector is going to be a lot tricker I think

Okay I see.
And there are no plans on making metadata available in the nlu pipeline? I saw this comment:

So we are considering doing that for the training examples, for situations where you may need additional info for training a certain NLU component. For example, if you’re training a sentiment analysis component, you may want to be able to specify whether a training example has positive or negative sentiment.

I don’t think that use case really applies in your situation, since you specify the metadata on a user basis. And so I still think the best way to handle this is with intents + a custom action

I see.
Say that I really would like that feature anyway, is it okay if I create a feature request to see if anyone else would like that too?

By the way thanks for all the help and guidance! I know that I’m using Rasa in a weird way.

Sure, you can always create a feature request, but I can’t guarantee we’ll add it to our framework :smiley: And no worries, glad I could help