Once using RulePolicy, the Bot stops responding

Hi everyone! I am building a Wikipedia Search Bot via Rasa Open Source framework. I would like to handle the fallback better, so I started using RulePolicy and change the setting in config…etc in the yml files. But after that, my Bot stop responding to anything I type, just jump back to input (listen) mode.

I have checked related discussion, but have no luck yet. Can anyone shed some light for the possible solution or the possible causes of it?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

@Catsitter Hi, are you sure your code is 100% correct if yes, then delete older trained model, re-train and run the code and chat with your bot. Do let me know if this work.

Hi Nik, thank you for responding. I am not 100% sure my code is correct, and I have tried your method, and it didn’t work. So I guess there is something wrong with my code or config? Should I attach the main files here?

Thank you again for helping out.

@Catsitter yes please attached all related files, let me see and also share the rasa --version. @Catsitter Please do mention @ and nik202 for quick reply.

@nik202 here is my environment:

Rasa Version : 2.8.2 Minimum Compatible Version: 2.8.0 Rasa SDK Version : 2.8.1 Rasa X Version : None Python Version : 3.7.9 Operating System : Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0

actions.py (1.4 KB) nlu.yml (7.7 KB) rules.yml (415 Bytes) stories.yml (882 Bytes) config.yml (2.0 KB) domain.yml (1.6 KB)

@Catsitter can you even share one example of bot user conversation and fallback.

@Catsitter Why you don’t have this in config.yml ?

policies:
  - name: MemoizationPolicy
  - name: TEDPolicy
    max_history: 5
    epochs: 100

Can you update this and run the code for me and tell me where you able to get response?

policies:
  - name: MemoizationPolicy
  - name: TEDPolicy
    max_history: 5
    epochs: 100
  - name: RulePolicy
    core_fallback_threshold: 0.4
    core_fallback_action_name: "action_default_fallback"
    enable_fallback_prediction: True

@nik202 it works now! thank you so much for helping me out with this. I didn’t use these two Policy because I didn’t understand what do they do, I will take more closer look at these concepts.

Thank you again for your fast and efficient reply :star_struck:

@Catsitter Happy to help you and keep learning rasa. Good Luck!

1 Like