Is there a recommended fix for error Type with the DIET Classifier?

Right now, I am getting an error when I try launching rasa open-source with docker-compose up. The error(s) that I get include the following: /opt/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The model at 'model-location-here' could not be loaded. Error: <class 'ValueError'>: Wrong loss type 'cross_entropy', should be 'margin' or 'softmax' and /opt/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: Agent could not be loaded with the provided configuration. Load default agent without any model. Has anybody encountered this error(s) before?

If so, what was the solution? I have a feeling that this is due to the DIET Classifier potentially, but I could be wrong. When testing this model outside of the instance that houses docker, the most recent model works no problem.

Hi @jeff-ridgeway and thanks for your question. Could you share the version of rasa you’re using? On the latest version, cross_entropy should work just fine.

Hey @m-vdb, I just checked the docker version and right now I’m running rasa/rasa:2.2.2-full. So I updated that version to the current rasa/rasa:2.5.1-full and re-ran my docker image. Still getting the same error as stated originally. Thanks for the hint about the version! Will I always have to update the rasa version docker image in my DockerFile and do you have any other thoughts about how to proceed with that error?

Hey @m-vdb I was able to get the solution. It was basically that I was running the newest version of Rasa on Sagemaker but when I had to port over to my AWS ec2 instance, I had to make sure that was running the newest version of in my docker image, which is apart of my docker compose. Also had to make sure I was building the docker image properly with docker build :man_facepalming:t5:. Thanks for pointing me in that direction and helping me. For anyone running into that issue, check out this GitHub resolved issue :point_right:t5: Is there a recommended fix for error Type with the DIET Classifier? · Issue #8609 · RasaHQ/rasa · GitHub

Glad you were able to solve your issue :muscle:

1 Like