ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routin e failed

HI Rasa Research Fellows and Followers,

I tried with every option to install rasa like tried installing by anaconda env and with python virtual env as well.

Ended up with DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

When i searched for the above issue in google i got the answers like uninstall tensor flow and install tensorflow 1.15.0, so tried with that no luck. Some suggestions shows to uninstall TensorFlow and install using Conda tried with that as well no luck.

I would like to know what might be the reason for this issue. Below are the details of my environment and log as well.

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Evaluation Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU, 64-bit Operating System.

Python Env: 3.7.5 TensorFlow = 1.15.0 TensorFlow Board = 1.15.0 TensorFlow-CPU = 1.15.0

Log… (bot) C:\Users\nithinb\Desktop\chatbot>rasa Traceback (most recent call last): File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 58, in from tensorflow.python.pywrap_tensorflow_internal import * File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 28, in _pywrap_tensorflow_internal = swig_import_helper() File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 24, in swig_import _helper _mod = imp.load_module(’_pywrap_tensorflow_internal’, fp, pathname, descript ion) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\imp.py”, lin e 242, in load_module return load_dynamic(name, filename, file) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\imp.py”, lin e 342, in load_dynamic return _load(spec) ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routin e failed.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\runpy.py”, l ine 193, in run_module_as_main “main”, mod_spec) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\runpy.py”, l ine 85, in run_code exec(code, run_globals) File "C:\Users\nithinb\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts\rasa.exe _main.py", line 7, in File "c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\rasa_main.py", line 69, in main set_log_level(log_level) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\rasa\utils\common.py”, line 71, in set_log_level update_tensorflow_log_level() File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\rasa\utils\common.py”, line 111, in update_tensorflow_log_level import tensorflow as tf File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_init_.py”, line 99, in from tensorflow_core import * File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core_init_.py”, line 28, in from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tensorflow # pylint: disable=unused-im port File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_init_.py”, line 50, in getattr module = self.load() File "c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_init.py", line 44, in load module = importlib.import_module(self.name) File "c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\importlib_ init_.py", line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap.gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python_init.py", line 49, in from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tensorflow File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 74, in raise ImportError(msg) ImportError: Traceback (most recent call last): File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 58, in from tensorflow.python.pywrap_tensorflow_internal import * File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 28, in _pywrap_tensorflow_internal = swig_import_helper() File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-package s\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 24, in swig_import _helper _mod = imp.load_module(’_pywrap_tensorflow_internal’, fp, pathname, descript ion) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\imp.py”, lin e 242, in load_module return load_dynamic(name, filename, file) File “c:\users\nithinb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\imp.py”, lin e 342, in load_dynamic return _load(spec) ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routin e failed.

Failed to load the native TensorFlow runtime.

See Build and install error messages  |  TensorFlow

for some common reasons and solutions. Include the entire stack trace above this error message when asking for help.

hey @NithinAIML, welcome to the community. Can you downgrade your python to version 3.6 and pip 20.0 and tensorflow 1.15.0

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but not able to get succeeded and tried without conda as well still i see the same issue. I would like to know that does Rasa supports installation of Rasa on windows server 2012 standard evaluation… If yes what is the procedure/steps for installation, If no what would be the next steps that suggests. @Juste I would be really happy, If i get some help from you.

Did anybody succeed with this? It seems the same error applies also with newer versions of Rasa-X and tensorflow 2.0.

Thank you, Uli