How to implement dispatcher.utter_button_template in actions.py?

(Svksp) #1

How to implement dispatcher.utter_button_template() in actions.py? within domain.yml templates: utter_login_cinfirm:

• text: “It seems that you are facing login issue.Am I correct?” buttons:
    • title: “Yes” payload: “/intent_affirm”
    • title: “No” payload: “/intent_deny”

For the above utter I want to use dispatcher.utter_button_template() . How to implement that?

(Akela Drissner) #2

use dispatcher.utter_button_template("utter_login_confirm")

(Svksp) #3

Yes I did that one. But the button is not created, only “It seems that you are facing login issue.Am I correct?” that message is displaying. I have also used dispatcher.utter_button_message(“utter_login_confirm”) that one. But using this also button is not created. Actually I want a create two buttons after displaying that message.

(Svksp) #4

domain.yml utter_login_confirm: - text: “It seems that you are facing some login related issue am I correct ?” buttons: - title: “yes” payload: “/intent_affirm” - title: “No” payload: “/intent_deny”

actions.py def run(self, dispatcher, tracker, domain): dispatcher.utter_button_message(“utter_login_confirm”,buttons(“title”)) return [SlotSet(“appName”, None)]

after running that one I got this type of error : DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.memoization:Current tracker state [None, {}, {‘entity_issueType’: 1.0, ‘intent_intent_login_issue’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}] DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.memoization:There is a memorised next action ‘33’ DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.ensemble:Predicted next action using policy_0_MemoizationPolicy DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.ensemble:Predicted next action ‘utter_login_confirm’ with prob 1.00. DEBUG:rasa_core.processor:Bot utterance ‘BotUttered(text: It seems that you are facing some login related issue am I correct ?, data: { “buttons”: [ { “title”: “yes”, “payload”: “/intent_affirm” }, { “title”: “No”, “payload”: “/intent_deny” } ] })’ DEBUG:rasa_core.processor:Action ‘utter_login_confirm’ ended with events ‘[]’ DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.memoization:Current tracker state [{}, {‘entity_issueType’: 1.0, ‘intent_intent_login_issue’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}, {‘entity_issueType’: 1.0, ‘intent_intent_login_issue’: 1.0, ‘prev_utter_login_confirm’: 1.0}] DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.memoization:There is a memorised next action ‘4’ DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.ensemble:Predicted next action using policy_0_MemoizationPolicy DEBUG:rasa_core.policies.ensemble:Predicted next action ‘action_on_button’ with prob 1.00. ERROR:rasa_core.processor:Encountered an exception while running action ‘action_on_button’. Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Make sure to fix the excepti on in your custom code. ERROR:rasa_core.processor:name ‘buttons’ is not defined

Please help. I am unable to create buttons within chatbox.

(Akela Drissner) #5

you should use utter_button_template, if you want to specify the buttons in your custom action, then you can use utter_button_message

(Neerajb1) #6

Hi akelad,

While using utter_button_message() i am getting below error. Could you please tell me how to define buttons inside custom action.

utter_button_message() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘buttons’

(Neerajb1) #7

My mistake. ! I got the answer

(Tarun Bhavnani) #8

what was the mistake. I am getting stuck at the same place. i am getting: TypeError: utter_button_template() missing 2 required positional arguments: ‘buttons’ and ‘tracker’

(Neerajb1) #9

You have to define button and then call at utter_button_template. Ex below

buttons = [{ “title”: “Yes”, “payload”: “/Write_to_us” }]

(Tarun Bhavnani) #10

Hi neerajb1. Thanks for the response. I am still not clear. I have defined buttons in the templates in the domain.yml as : utter_ask_loan:

• text: “what kind of loan you have??” buttons:
    • title: “low” payload: “low”
    • title: “medium” payload: “medium”
    • title: “high” payload: “high”

Now I am calling it in my actions.py as: dispatcher.utter_button_template(“utter_ask_loan”) and have tried many other variations of this. Please let me know as in where to define the button and how to call in the actions.py. I get the error as two arguments missing: buttons and tracker

(Srikar) #11

Hi,

buttons = [{‘title’: ‘low’, ‘payload’: ‘low’}, {‘title’: ‘med’, ‘payload’: ‘med’}, {‘title’: ‘high’, ‘payload’: ‘high’}] (Define it in your custom actions, define this)

Try using utter_button_message(“MESSAGE”, buttons, tracker)

Ideally, even your utter_button_template should work.

(Biswa) #12

I want to have buttons as part of my bot, below is my domain file configuration:

intents:

• orderStatus
  • affirm
  • sad

actions:

• utter_ orderStatus

templates: utter_orderStatus:

• text: “Confirm the order status” buttons:
    • title: “Passed” payload: “/intent_affirm”
    • title: “Failed” payload: “/intent_sad”

Buttons are not coming in the UI ? Plz guide me, where I’m doing wrong and what extra I need to configure

(Srikar) #13

Which chat platform are you using?

If it is your custom platform, are you getting these buttons in the JSON response?

(Biswa) #14

yes we are getting the response in JSON. But in this case i am not getting the buttons in my response.

(Srikar) #15

Which version of RASA are you using? Also, if you run the bot on terminal are the buttons being displayed?

(noman) #17

@Biswa did you solved the problem of not getting the buttons in the response, i am facing the similar problem, can you help me? Thanks