How to extract the name of detected entity value through Actions?

I’m writing an action where tracker.get_slot returns the entity value. What I need is entity name corresponding to that entity value… please help

1 Like

@akelad Please help :stuck_out_tongue:

tracker.get_latest_entity_values

2 Likes

thanks.

Hey @akelad, thanks for your response. But i want the entity name to use it in my action and not the entity values.

One way to extract the entity type of the latest user input is by parsing the latest_message variable of the DialogueStateTracker class which contains the entire dump of the prediction from the NLU model

prediction = tracker.latest_message
entity_type = prediction['entities'][0]['entity']
3 Likes

Hello @akelad tracker.get_latest_entities_values require parameter of entity type in new rasa version. But stil its not able to access entity values. I my code it is showing error. when i am trying to print entity values enitiy values=>>>>>> The detail is as follows <generator object Tracker.get_latest_entity_values.<locals>.<genexpr> at 0x7fb3d77b9200>.

My actions.py code def run(self, dispatcher, tracker: Tracker, domain: Dict[Text, Any]) -> List[Dict[Text, Any]]:

ent = tracker.get_latest_entity_values('str')
    print("enitiy values=>>>>>>", ent)

domain.yml file entities:

• agriculture
  • health
  • education
  • social welfare

nlu.md file

intent:test

entity_type = prediction[‘entities’][0][‘entity’] entity_value = prediction[‘entities’][0][‘value’]

works for me