So I’m a little late to the party here but basically I made a custom out_of_scope intent to search an answer on the web (I’m using Google in this example but Bing, DuckDuckGo and Ask are already implemented).
-> search the web
What would you like to search?
-> When did Albert Einstein died?
Searching Google for when did albert einstein died?
18. april 1955
-> Who was Albert Einstein's mother?
Looking up who was albert einstein's mother using Google.
Pauline einstein
-> How far is the moon?
Google: how far is the moon?
238,855 miles
-> How tall is Joe Biden?
Ok Google; how tall is joe biden?
5 feet, 11.65 inches
-> Is Britney Spears in jail?
Google, is britney spears in jail?
Britney spears is not in jail
-> Where is Switzerland?
Using Google to find where is switzerland?
West-central europe
-> How tall is mount everest?
Google, how tall is mount everest?
8,848 metres
->
I’m using hanapin to search the web, trafilatura to extract the content of the website and deepset/roberta-base-squad2 to find the exact answer inside the content of the first result’s page.
It’s not perfect (specially on it’s own) but it’s remarkable what it can answer already.
You can find the source code in my repo for NLU data under Web Search.
Hope this can help anyone ^^.