Giving .txt files or Pdf files as input to bot

How to give pdf as user input to a bot

Good question. I don’t think we have native support for it but I could be wrong. Am sending a question around in our slack to double-check.

I suppose technically you could make a custom connector that receives the file but this depends on the user-interface that you’re using. Just so I understand the usecase, what would the chatbot need to do with the uploaded file?

1 Like

@koaning, I have created an action where the bot will take the pdf given and convert it into text and use that text to answer his questions

Hi @Akhil1278, did you have any luck doing this? I am in a similar position.

There are several ways to delete text in a pdf file, and most of these ways are determined by the way in which the pdf reader is designed. For example, most of the time, you need to click on the edit tab to enable the editing mode. Then click on the text block you want to delete. You can either use the backspace key or press the delete button from your keyboard. If you need to convert your pdf file, I would suggest https://pdf-ocr.com. If you mistakenly remove text from PDF files, you can instantly get it back using the UNDO command (Ctrl + Z) from your keyboard.