Hi all. I am write simple Jira connector which allow me to talk with bot inside jira ticket using comments. Bot works fine. But my workflow in more complicated:
- User create jira ticket with access request in ticket title or description (like asking to add some email to gitlab)
- Bot recognize intent and ask about missing entities (I use form, works fine)
- After submitting form bot ask security engineer to approve inviting new member to gitlab.
- Here is problem. I use jira ticket id (or key like GTD-3345) as sender_id and recipient_id in connector. So, context == jira ticket. Question is: how can I send additional info like comment author for verifying that exactly he approve inviting?
Possible solutions I found:
- I can include comment author email as prefix inside each UserMessage text, like "email@example.com: comment text here". But in this case bot will recognize email as entity each time. Also, all my intents will start from some name. Looks not quite right…
- Add slot “comment_author” and extract it from each text message using regex feature, like
^([a-zA-Z.]+):. From this point one more question: how can I put “True” to slot “security_eng_approve” only if “comment_author” is pre-defined security eng and intent is “affirm”? Maybe I need to create one more form special for security eng approv?