Form action unable to extract slot

Hi all, i am trying to implement form action for my used case, below is the problem that i am encountering; I want to validate the extracted_entity as i only want a subset of application entity to be supported by form.

Nlu model is able to extract the application entity correctly, however while trying to validate the slot it is not able to extract the slot

===== my domain file contains forms:

2021-04-13 13:40:04 DEBUG rasa.core.actions.forms - Trying to extract requested slot ‘application’ … 2021-04-13 13:40:04 DEBUG rasa.core.actions.forms - Got mapping ‘{‘type’: ‘from_entity’, ‘entity’: ‘application’, ‘intent’: ‘none’}’ 2021-04-13 13:40:04 DEBUG rasa.core.actions.forms - Failed to extract requested slot ‘application’

Ghostvv could you please help

Since you put intent: None, you re excluding all intents. It should work if you just leave out the intent key for the mapping

1 Like

Yes, I figured that out after some iteration. I was trying the form action following below part of documentation that talks about intent_name as None. Your comment (and my understanding after some iteration ) and doc sounds contradicting or am I missing something?

“none” in YAML and None in python are two different things: In python, it’s a NoneType, in YAML, it’s just a string. So unless your intent is called none, it won’t work. In YAML you put null for None.

Confusing, I’m sorry =/

1 Like