Error while following steps from rasa document

I follow this link for Building a Rasa Assistant in Docker

when I hit command “docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa:2.3.2-full init --no-prompt” it gives following messege:- Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-u_apem1p because the default path (/.config/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.

This is same error occurring while I hit “docker run -it -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa:2.3.2-full shell” i.e.Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-u_apem1p because the default path (/.config/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.

after shell command it doesn’t run rasa talk assistant. Let me know how to solve this problem ? and whats is the problem?

Hi @rajeshbhoye! Did you run docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa:2.3.2-full init --no-prompt in a directory that already has a rasa project? There might be a permission issue there.

If you want to initialize a new project with docker, you can delete your existing project and create a new one with the docker command.

yes there was already project in that directory…Thank you @kalkbrennerei

1 Like