Error in responses ERROR asyncio - Task exception was never retrieved

Hello,

I need help i am kind of desparate, i am getting ERROR asyncio - Task exception was never retrieved whenever I run rasa shell or rasa interactive and talk to my bot. I get no errors when I train the data. I did some changes, a menu and some faq capabilities, after this the bot wont respond. i have tried a clean Venv and rasa installation still getting the same error.

(AV) PS C:\Users\leoaq\chatbot> rasa interactive Nothing changed. You can use the old model stored at β€˜C:\Users\leoaq\chatbot\models\20210413-120408.tar.gz’. 2021-04-13 12:31:29 INFO rasa.model - Loading model models\20210413-120408.tar.gz… c:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\train_utils.py:560: UserWarning: constrain_similarities is set to False. It is recommended to set it to True when using cross-entropy loss. It will be set to True by default, Rasa Open Source 3.0.0 onwards. rasa.shared.utils.io.raise_warning( c:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\train_utils.py:533: UserWarning: model_confidence is set to softmax. It is recommended to try using model_confidence=linear_norm to make it easier to tune fallback thresholds. rasa.shared.utils.io.raise_warning( 2021-04-13 12:31:47 INFO root - Rasa server is up and running. Processed story blocks: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 1/1 [00:00<00:00, 999.36it/s, # trackers=1] Processed rules: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 3/3 [00:00<00:00, 3000.22it/s, # trackers=1] Bot loaded. Visualisation at http://localhost:5006/visualization.html . Type a message and press enter (press β€˜Ctrl-c’ to exit). ? Your input β†’ hola 2021-04-13 12:35:42 ERROR rasa.server - An unexpected error occurred. Error: list index out of range 2021-04-13 12:35:42 ERROR rasa.core.training.interactive - An exception occurred while recording messages. Traceback (most recent call last): File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 1496, in record_messages await _enter_user_message(conversation_id, endpoint) File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 1340, in _enter_user_message await send_message(endpoint, conversation_id, message) File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 157, in send_message return await endpoint.request( File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\endpoints.py”, line 154, in request raise ClientResponseError( rasa.utils.endpoints.ClientResponseError: 500, Internal Server Error, body=β€˜b’{β€œversion”:β€œ2.5.0”,β€œstatus”:β€œfailure”,β€œmessage”:β€œAn unexpected error occurred. Error: list index out of range”,β€œreason”:β€œConversationError”,β€œdetails”:{},β€œhelp”:null,β€œcode”:500}β€˜β€™ 2021-04-13 12:35:42 ERROR asyncio - Task exception was never retrieved future: <Task finished name=β€˜Task-27’ coro=<_serve_application..run_interactive_io() done, defined at c:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py:1589> exception=ClientResponseError(β€˜500, Internal Server Error, body='b'{β€œversion”:β€œ2.5.0”,β€œstatus”:β€œfailure”,β€œmessage”:β€œAn unexpected error occurred. Error: list index out of range”,β€œreason”:β€œConversationError”,β€œdetails”:{},β€œhelp”:null,β€œcode”:500}''’)> Traceback (most recent call last): File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 1592, in run_interactive_io await record_messages( File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 1496, in record_messages await _enter_user_message(conversation_id, endpoint) File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 1340, in _enter_user_message await send_message(endpoint, conversation_id, message) File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\training\interactive.py”, line 157, in send_message return await endpoint.request( File β€œc:\users\leoaq\documents\datascience\envs\av\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\endpoints.py”, line 154, in request raise ClientResponseError( rasa.utils.endpoints.ClientResponseError: 500, Internal Server Error, body=β€˜b’{β€œversion”:β€œ2.5.0”,β€œstatus”:β€œfailure”,β€œmessage”:β€œAn unexpected error occurred. Error: list index out of range”,β€œreason”:β€œConversationError”,β€œdetails”:{},β€œhelp”:null,β€œcode”:500}β€˜β€™

1 Like

@laquino ,

What is the output of the command:

rasa --version

Does it work when you use the command:

rasa shell

or:

rasa shell --debug

I faced the same problem here. rasa version is 2.8.2 and rasa shell works well

@Chrisprollsite can you share the rasa version rasa --version and screenshot of error?